10/30/12

Avocado-Melon Salsa

I've been craving avocado's like nobodies business lately.  One of my favorite ways to get my avocado fix is to make a fruity salsa.  Today I made what might very well be my favorite salsa to date!  It's a combination of avocado and melon, which might sound strange, but trust me when I say that this is totally delish!

Another reason I love salsa is because it is so versatile.  There's really no way to screw it up.  Just chop up a bunch of stuff and toss it together.  Wabash, you have salsa!  I think I will increase the amount of jalapenos next time, though.  I really like a lot of zing.  As it is right now, the jalapenos just sorta balance everything out without adding much heat at all.


Avocado-Melon Salsa

1 avocado, chopped into small chunks
Melon, chopped, equal parts as avocado
1 handful of chopped red onion 
1 tsp minced garlic
6 jalapeno rings, diced
juice of 1/2 lime

Combine all chopped ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Serve over jerk chicken or fish, or eat with tortilla chips.  Personally, I take the chip route.


I have no idea how long this will keep.  Fresh salsa doesn't usually last more than a day or two in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment